Sunday, July 31, 2011

Thunderstorms, oh my!

It's fitting that my daughter sleeps through storms (I once slept through an entire ambulance crew trekking through the bungalow I grew up in).

We have had some major ones this past week and Abby has slept through them with flying colors. Luke, on the other hand (or the other paw?), has not.

In fact, it got so bad one night, that Tom came downstairs to lay with Luke on the couch. I love the fact that this happened because Tom likes to pretend he doesn't like the kitties. Well, you don't leave your bed to comfort a cat if you don't like said cat.

The best part about this is that Leia is a total bad-ass. I walked out of our bedroom one night and Leia was just lounging on the cat tree as the thunder boomed. Then I made it downstairs and Luke was approximately 1 cm off the ground, clinging to my leg as if his life depended on it.

Hoping the weather is calmer this week. Our sleep depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment