Our flight out to Vegas took off at 9:20 p.m. (it was delayed), so that was an easy one. Abby ate right before we took off and then slept the entire way. Our flight home was at 2:15 or so. She slept for about an hour and then woke up and stayed awake for the remainder of the flight.
The entire trip was a success. Here are my travel tips:
- If you are staying in a hotel, check to see that they have a crib you can use that is up to safety code and a bathtub. We had to purchase a pack n play and a blow-up bathtub while we were there.
- Have plenty of toys because baby will get restless fast. I do, however, use the term "toys" loosely. Abby's favorite "toy" of the trip was probably the Gate Claim Tag we had to put on her car seat.
- If you are traveling with single friends, allow them to take baby out for a walk. I made more "friends" due to Abby's cuteness. Best quote of the trip? From a topless, drunk guy walking the Strip: "That baby has some nice-ass eyes!" Why, thank you.
- If you are traveling alone, be prepared to kindly ask the people seated to either side of you if they wouldn't mind a baby foot or head in his or her lap. Unfortunately for them, though, whether they mind or not will ultimately be irrelevant.
- Enjoy your airport privileges. Traveling with baby means you get to cut ahead in the security line and board the plane first. You feel like royalty.