Friday, July 10, 2015

My Big Friday Accomplishments

Sometimes it's the little things.

Today, I had a few minor accomplishments that seemed monumental in my own mind. Let's begin with the first one of my day.

1. Extra coffee goes a long way

Ain't that the truth?
Okay, hear me out. I know this sounds obvious.

Every morning, my amazing husband makes me coffee that I take with me on my drive to the kids' school. Recently, that drive has been excruciating. No matter how fast I gulp down the coffee, I am yawning and feel like the dead for the entire 25-minute drive.

This morning, I decided to change my strategy and I started drinking my coffee while getting ready to leave. By the time I walked out the door, I had made myself a second coffee for the car. It worked. I was alert (or at least not yawning the entire time) for the car ride!

Yes, this should have been figured out a long time ago, but let's just focus on the fact that I did figure it out. I'm so excited that I'm going to stay up extra late tonight.

2. I found the perfect (cheap) gift for Abby

It's one thing to find an awesome item for your child. It's another thing to find an awesome item that costs less than $10. When you find a cheap item that your child loves, you know it's because you found the perfect thing and not because you bought an expensive toy.

Abby has been in a beauty phase. She wants to wear non-character dresses, heels, and make-up. I have no idea where she got it from, but we are all girl all the time. When I was in Target yesterday (God help me), I saw a $5 Barbie lip gloss palette made to look like an iPhone. Each button was a different lip gloss and it came with a brush for application.

I gave it to her and this girl has carried it with her for the past 36 hours. She's giving anyone and everyone lip gloss.

Two lessons: it doesn't take a lot of money to please your child, and, I'm awesome.

3. My exercise is paying off ... sort of

"C'mon Chrissie," said Tony.
"Work out with me."
My second daughter is six-and-a-half months old and I've been fighting my body to regain my svelte figure. It's a battle. Between stress, exhaustion, and love of food and beer, I'm yo-yoing in a painful way.

This past week I decided enough was enough and I cut out the beer and have exercised every day. I've continued running, did a few P90X workouts, and wove in some Pilates DVDs. My muscles are sore.

I received a few compliments today that I look great and am getting rid of that baby weight. I'm flattered and excited. Only problem is that the scale isn't budging. I'm guessing it's because of muscle fatigue and water retention and all that good stuff.

Here's hoping.

These small accomplishments aren't much, I know, but I found myself beaming. It may be lame, but it's the little things with me right now. Hopefully I can one-up my "major" achievements tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Non scale victories are sometimes more glorious than the number! I haven't budged on the scale in well over a year, but I can always tell when I'm actually working out because other people notice! #winning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely right :) That muscle water retention is a pain. I REALLY want the scale to budge, though!

      Delete