Sunday, September 18, 2011

Poor Daddy

An example of Abby's hair in the morning.
Well, I think we've encountered the biggest source of stress since Abby was born: Tom had to do her hair this morning.

If you've seen photos of Abby shortly after waking up in the morning, you would know that she resembles Cousin It. Her hair is all sorts of crazy and it hangs in front of her eyes and it's quite the task to tame it.

I have the responsibility of doing her hair each morning and I typically put it in a ponytail on the top of her head (aka "The Pebbles Flinstone").

This morning, while at Ford Field for today's game, I received a panicked phone call from Tom.

Tom: "How do I do this?"

Me: "What do you mean?"

Abby's hair from today ... note the
different-colored barrettes.
And Tom did not put the hair tie in.
Tom: "I have five clips in her hair right now, but she keeps pulling them out. I know this seems funny, but it's really hard! I don't know how to figure this out."

It was a 5-10 minute phone call and Tom was just as frustrated at the end of the call as he was at the beginning - if not more so.

I'm not sure what Abby looks like as she heads to the U-M Men's Basketball team photo and I don't know if I'll ever know since Tom is refusing to send me a photo.

If you cross paths with Tom and Abby today, give him a hug. And make sure you tell him Abby's hair looks nice.

3 comments: