Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Trip is Looming

I don't know what it is about "Mommy brain" that takes reason completely out of the equation.

I am leaving tomorrow morning for a three-night, four-day work trip and I am anxious about it ... even though I know everything will be more than okay.

I don't even know for sure what I'm so concerned about. Abby will have quality time with her Daddy, her aunt, uncle and cousins and her grandparents. Before she knows it (she likely won't know it), Mommy will be back. What am I so concerned about?

Let's see ...
  1. She will think Mommy has abandoned her. This is particularly ridiculous because I don't even think she has the physiological capacity to believe that. It should also be noted that I am not the only person biologically related to Abby (yes, this is true. I did not have the first immaculate conception since the birth of Christ). She has other family members who deserve to spend one-on-one time with her.
  2. She will be completely unsettled because no one takes care of her like I do. This will also be true of Daddy and Grandma and Uncle and Auntie. Everyone will take care of her in a unique way and she deserves different types of relationships! I will make sure to tell her to keep the fact that I am her favorite on the DL, though. We don't want to hurt anyone's feelings (I kid, I kid).
  3. My milk will dry up. I highly doubt this will happen.
  4. I will miss her. Okay, this might be the only valid point in the whole list. I don't want to leave her! I will miss her! Sigh.
Therapeutic BLOG posts from Indianapolis to follow ...

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you'll be fine! We have left our 3 month old over night with his aunt twice. It was hard the first time, I almost cried, but I knew he needed the experience and I needed a night off! You'll miss her for sure, but once you see her again, it renews your relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be in Indianapolis? I hope you (somewhat) enjoy your stay, I love Indy (coming from an Indianan). But anyways, big hugs to you. I couldn't imagine leaving Cailyn for that long, but at least you know in a few short days you'll be seeing her again!! She's in good hands! :)

    ReplyDelete