Friday, April 24, 2015

I've Committed the Cardinal Sin of Blogging

I've been MIA for awhile.

I doubt anyone would blame me, considering the chaos that is my life. I will say that I'm enjoying it more now that my family has settled into having three kids instead of two ... and no longer being pregnant means I can survive on much less sleep.

So, here are my updates in all areas of my life:

Network Marketing Niche

I remain on my quest to become a top earner with Rodan+Fields, though my strategy has changed to better fit my own personality and style. I'm definitely enjoying all of the success stories from customers as I'm embracing my inner saleswoman.

Body After Baby: Update

I'm still working on getting back into shape after having my third baby in five years. It's not as easy as I would have hoped. I tried the Dr. Phil 20/20 diet, but my milk supply tanked on the first day and I had to go back to eating regularly. The key for me is exercise, but I'm having a tough time motivating myself to do so every single night.

There is something about sitting on the couch and drinking wine with my husband that has a magnetic pull each and every night. I'm getting better, but I'm definitely not to where I need to be.

Kids: Two is Company, Three's a Crowd

I feel like Abby went through the hellion stage after Evie was born, incredibly clingy with me and throwing tantrums at every turn. Now it's as though she's passed the baton to Jack, who has taken up the role as resident jealous child.

Jack is an impressive tantrum-thrower, I must say. While Abby has the determination of a bull, Jack can throw a fit over the most random of things. One day while I was dropping him off at school, he fell to the floor in a fit of tears because Buzz Lightyear's arm wasn't in the proper position. If anything, I suppose he'll be the model student when "stop, drop, and roll" is the topic of the day.

He also has zero control over his body, which can effectively be used as a weapon. Because he feels the need to jump around every single second of the day, it isn't uncommon in our house to hear me or my husband sudden scream, "Ow! Jack, don't kick me in the face!"

Then, because of what I label as a need to showcase her status as the model child, Abby will emerge on the scene asking (loudly), "What happened? What did Jack do?" You can actually see the halo over her head while she's asking these questions. She might as ask, "What is it now that my heathen of a brother has gotten himself into?"

But, really, they all love each other. Moving on.

Random Thoughts of the Day

  • Full House is creating a spinoff where DJ is a widowed mother of two with another baby on the way. This has the potential to be awesome. It also has the potential to be incredibly painful. Either way, I'm enjoying all of the Mary Kate and Ashley jokes that have emerged this week.
  • Grey's Anatomy has killed off another main character. Many on Facebook are revolting after the difficult episode. I, personally, just can't believe that show is still on. I haven't watched it since Meredith had a near-death experience. It has taken on a soap opera type quality where everything that could ever go wrong to a person has gone wrong. If you've made it this far with the show, I'm not sure if I should congratulate you or dish out condolences. Then again, I'm excited for a Full House reunion.
  • I will be participating in the Michigan Softball Academy for the second straight year next Thursday. Anyone who wants to donate can do so here. We are trying to raise the most money, specifically looking to take down the WTKA team. I am hoping I do much better than last year. While I'm a pretty good fielder, my hitting skills leave much to be desired. I can actually sense the looks of pity on me as a whiff swing after swing. Here's hoping I can make contact more often than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment