Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Is it inevitable that I will be hated?

Right now, I am the favorite. I am No. 1. It doesn't suck.

She lunges for me when she is being held by someone else. At times, she squeals with delight because I walk in the room. It's enough to make me feel like a rock star. This adorable little girl is in love with me and the feeling is mutual.

That being said, is it inevitable that she will ultimately hate me?

Adolescence threatens to rear its ugly head. It may be approximately 10 years or so away, but that's still right around the corner!

I know that I can't take it personal. I just have to buck up and deal with the hormones and life changes that will ultimately happen. I get that.

The question I have is whether it is a CERTAINTY that my daughter will hate to be in the same room with me. Is it possible she won't?

3 comments:

  1. I never hated my mother. She annoyed the ever loving poop out of me, but I never hated her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw. My Mom was always cool. A little "out there" but cool.

    ReplyDelete