Sunday, August 14, 2011

Milestones and what I actually want to talk about

Okay, so my daughter took steps today. I'm so excited about it. But, really, what else is there to say? She took steps. Yay! Let's move on.

So, I became "that mother" yesterday when I went grocery shopping with Abby. I forgot to pack mum mums and puffs and, by the time we hit the check-out line, she was fussing up a storm due to hunger.

Well, I had bought her Gerber biscuits ... they were sitting right there in my cart ... yeah, I opened them. And gave her one. The shame I felt.

I have always thought of people who open food items in the check-out line to be insanely tacky. I suppose I still think that way. But I became one of them. I just figured it'd be better off letting her chomp on something I was about to purchase (and not disturb people in the meantime) than scream. Oh well.

Let's just check it off the list of things I thought I would never do.


No comments:

Post a Comment