Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Daily Bites from the Dub Household



Enjoy some quick thoughts from my frazzled self.

Recognizing Mommy's Love for Coffee
Kimberly and I took Abby (and Jack) to Jungle Java this morning. It was an adventure, to say the least. I welcome all parents of teens to bring their children to our house to help them remain abstinent.

Anyway. We stopped at Starbucks on the way back because I hadn't had any coffee yet for the day. I hilariously thought I would be able to have coffee at Jungle Java "where kids can play and parents can relax!" Riiiight.

I was putting Abby down for her nap and put my coffee on the dresser so I could read her a book. Abby walks over to the dresser and points up, saying, "Mommy foffee!" It actually took me a minute to figure out what she was saying because I had no clue she knew "coffee".

I said, "Yep! That's Mommy's coffee!"

She said, "Hold it?"

"You want Mommy to hold her coffee?"

"Uh huh."

I fall deeper in love with her every day. She's now recognizing my need to caffeinate.

She did what?
I really regret not having a video monitor when I hear Abby over the audio monitor saying, "I did it! I did it! I did it!"

My mind wanders to many different possibilities. Did she climb onto the changing table? Retrieve an action figure that fell on the floor? Do a handstand? I'll never know ...

Paci-weaning victory!
One very exciting piece of news is that Abby has completely disassociated from the pacifier.

We were in our room and she found two of her pacifiers: one "Pinky" and one "Greeny". No idea where I was hiding them.

She ran them over to me and said, "Jack? Jack?" Meaning they were Jack's.

We give Jack a completely different kind, so the fact that she said they were for him means she's totally over them! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure Lainey would have still popped those suckers right in her own mouth. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete